Sunday, July 31, 2011

Painting #188 - July 31 - a nice quiet day

It was a very nice day today, my husband fixed me a lovely breakfast of Blueberry pancakes and sausage links and orange juice (I fixed the "must have coffee", he can't drink it, only I do). We watched some TV and I read my book (now it's finished so maybe I won't be obsessed with it), and we went out to dinner and did the grocery shopping, my painting today is of flowers again, I can paint those pretty fast and I wanted the day to stay nice since he is having a bit of trouble with my blogging, not that he minds that so much as the fact that I procrastinate to paint the thing, and then I'm up late getting it done so I can blog it. I wish I had someone that was coming over everyday, to paint, and I wouldn't have a trouble getting to painting then, I just manage to put it off until I almost don't have time to paint it, I've tried to change that but haven't figured out the correct way to get me kick started, sometime (hopefully soon), I will figure out how that works, I'm going to keep trying to figure out how to trick myself into getting it done earlier, I thought I had it all figured out when I brought the painting stuff over to the house and worked on the dinning room table, but that only worked for a short while, I'll just have to figure it out.

This photo is one that I used as part of another composition, but I just love the way the flower is opening up and it is such a lovely view, I decided to just concentrate on this one blossum. I didn't draw it again, I just started painting the shape of the flower, I floated the dark background in right away to set it up for the light, then I just let it dry until it was set, and once that was done it's just a matter of fine tuning the information, I tried to lift the edges of the petals and it did work a bit but didn't give me the brightness I wanted so I found a color, a MaimeriBlu color called Naples Yellow Reddish, it was wonderful, just what I needed, this painting is painted on the Ampersand Claybord 4" x 4". So, I'm very happy with the way this painting turned out and I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment