Saturday, July 9, 2011

Painting #166 - July 9 - another Acrlic

I don't know why, I just picked up the acrylic palette when I set up for the painting, so, since I already had the acrylics out, I decided to paint with them, so, I picked one of those 10" x 10" gessoed illustration board panels I made up, I really didn't have time to do that large of a painting but, since the acrylics were out, I decided to do the larger size anyway. I did take a bit longer painting this than I planned on, but, oh well, it technically is Sunday the 10th, but I did start it and finish it within this last 3 and 1/2 hours, so I'm counting it as one day, this it that same Mandevilla plant that I used the other day, remember, I said I wanted to do another composition of this, so here it is. I may even do it with watercolor, I do like to paint flowers.

I did start out with the pink flowers, then the leaves (I painted yellow green first and then moved into the darker green as a base, after I did that, I worked on the main group of flowers (the two larger blossoms at the bottom, but I still couldn't see how it might look, so I decided to put in some dark for the background, it's really dark blue, then I finished the leaves and the other flowers, I like this painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment