Sunday, July 3, 2011

Painting #160 - another lounging day

I don't believe I've had enough of those lately, so I don't feel guilty for taking another one. I didn't get to painting until late again, and I didn't actually start this one today, I started it on Tuesday in class, I know that the shape of the coffee pot is off, but, at this point I doubt that anyone will know, except me that is, I had originally painted in the dark background, and then discovered that the shape was off a bit, oh well, I suppose I could have really morphed it and made it abstract, but that isn't what I had in mind, this painting isn't my favorite but it does have some qualities that I like, I used the opaque paints again but painted with them translucently, and the white of the paper is showing through, just like a normal watercolor, I did this basic composition once before about 28 years ago, I did a demo for my pastel club, and this was the set up, of course, that painting was in pastel.

I'm very tempted to get out the acrylics for tomorrows painting, we'll see if I have enough time to play with those, we do have to go over to the neighbors house for a fish fry, kind of a picnic, they have a stocked pond and they fish it all the time, so should be fun, this is going to be short tonight, I really do have to get to bed, I like this painting and I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment