Monday, July 25, 2011

Painting #182 - July 25 - didn't spend much time on this one

Trying to cut down on the length of time I can get these done, this painting was chosen because I'm trying to keep these short, well, it doesn't always work that way, I did spend more time on it than I intended to, but, oh well, I'm trying.

I like painting on the claybord when I'm trying to hurry a painting along, I think it's because it is so flat and the paint just lays there a bit, I have this dagger brush that works so well for blending, I went out and found another one, it's almost the same size but now I have a back up when this brush goes the way of all good things, down and out, nothing stays good forever, and don't I know that all too well.

I didn't draw this painting in, I just jumped in with the paint, I positioned the peach on the 6" x 6" board and then the plate and the knife, the cloth and table edge were last, then I just worked the peach until it suited me and the knife likewise, the table was where I used the dagger brush to blend, but I did paint all the under painting with it. I am going to keep this short and sweet, I like this painting and I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment