Monday, July 11, 2011

Painting #168 - another still life

I had a chat with my friend Sue, and she suggested that I do a series, I was going to do apples, but I thought that might be too close to the one I did the other day, and besides that, they were her apples, so, I thought, what do you have that you can use for a still life, well, I found a couple of eggs, trying to keep this simple, so I thought, what else do you want to add, well, I thought about a wine glass, but that really didn't trip the trigger, so I looked around in the china cabinet and found this depression glass sugar bowl that my Mother-in-law had given me a few years ago, love this color and it's so dark, and because I can't just do the simple I thought it might be a nice challenge to capture the transparency of this item, I think it works well, it really is done quickly only about 3 hours of working on it, but, again late so I have to make this short.

This is done in acrylic, Sue suggested oil but I didn't have the oils here, they are at the studio and I would have had to get them out and re-set up the palette, since the acrylic palette is already set up, that's what I used, I think I'm starting to get the hang of the acrylics anyway, it went pretty well today, I really jumped into the pink and put the shape of the sugar bowl in, then I got into the eggs, and the shadows, I worked all over, fine tuning it here and there, hard to say exactly how it was painted, so I'm going to cut this short, I like this little painting, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment