Saturday, July 23, 2011

Painting #180 - lots of time to paint today, no customers

I worked at the Gallery today, this is a sad state of things, and all too common lately, I had 8 people in today, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and the only one that bought anything was me. I hope we can hold on, this has been a horrible year, and doesn't look like it's getting any better, so I had lots of time to paint. I finished one and have another almost done, only have about an hour to finish it, so I'm sure I can manage to get that done by tomorrow.

Today's painting is a landscape, I was painting a fruit painting, but I couldn't get enthused over it, of course it might have something to do with being tired, short night. I sorted through my pictures and located another waterfall, so I started it and, amazingly, finished it in under 3 hours, I enjoyed painting it, it's not that I'm tired of the fruit, after the landscape was done, I did go back and work on the fruit picture, that will be tomorrows painting.

I painted the sky, then the tree line, and the rocks on each side of the falls, and then I worked on a middle value of water, once that was done, I went back in and gave the sky one more coat, a little bluer, and the trees another depth of dark green, I finished the trees and then went right to the major rocks and worked those up, then the shadows on the falls, the water was pretty much last, and I have several layers on the whole foreground, mostly the white of the highlights were next and then I decided that there was enough white, so, I really like this little painting and I sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment