Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Painting #177-just a small one today

I had started a much larger painting, but I ran out of time, my cousin from Wisconsin is coming to visit for a few days and I had things to get done, now I'm really tired, so I got out one of the 4" x 4" claybord that I still had (meaning I'm really going to have to order some more of that size, I sometimes need to do a quick one like today), and decided to paint one pear from life, and I mean, that I set the pear on a piece of paper, on the table, and painted it, a very simple composition that is almost abstract.

I knew that I couldn't possibly get the larger one done, this was done in about an hour and 15 min. and really was easy, I just laid in the green for the pear, I had to move it to the side to make the composition work, and make room for the shadow that I felt was a very important part of my composition, I really did see these colors in the shadow. Then, I painted the shadow and then the table and once that had the first layer on I decided to put in a wall in the back, I like the purple with the yellow green, then, I started to fine tune the shape of the pear, once I got that shape the way I wanted it, I splattered it, of course, I had to go back into the background to eliminate the spatters that landed there, and on the shadow, I'm happy with this little painting, I like it and I sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment