Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Painting #176 - still life again, maybe forever

I have really enjoyed these little still lifes, I still have a couple more up my sleeve, so I hope you don't get bored with them, I don't know exactly how many more, just more.

I liked the pears, so I've taken a couple other pictures for more still life's and the cherries too, I am still looking through the china cabinet to figure out which other items I have that seem to challenge me, I will be working on the portrait commission here directly, we talked about it today and have decided to attempt to paint it on one of the 8" x 10 aquabord's that I got the other day, so, hopefully, that will work out this time.

I painted most of this today in class, I had the bowl to finish when I got home and I think it looks like a glass dish, so, that's good, I painted the background first, and the table, when that was dry, I put the green on the pears and the brown for the stems, the pears were larger this time since I decided to paint it on an 8" x 10" aquabord, so to me, they seem a bit flat, maybe not.

I splattered at the end, and put a bit of highlight under the dish attempting to make it look like the light is shining through, in my photo, the background wall doesn't show through the dish, but I lowered the table top, so I had to show the wall through the dish, I like it, now, this painting is done, and I really like it, I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment