Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Painting #169 - back to nature

Our Blue Moon group went out sketching, slightly over a week ago and this was started then, I decided to finish it for today's painting. It was fairly blah and I had a bit of convincing to talk myself into working on it but once I got started, it went fairly well. I used the opaques to finish this piece but it was started with the transparent watercolors, that's what I have in my sketching kit.

I usually work on the sky, and I did start it that way, but then I didn't like how dark the sky was, so I re-did it, painting around the trees that were already painted, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I really worked hardest on the right side of the painting, I really got into the 2 girls on the bank and the trees, then the rocks, and then the water, the left side of the painting was last and, as it's not as important, I didn't spend quite as much time on it. The last thing I worked on was a few more highlights on the water, now I think it's done, I like this painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment