Thursday, July 21, 2011

Painting #178 - Lots of company this week

A busy day again today, had class in Marshall and started this painting there, so I'm going to make this short, since it is late, we went swimming instead of painting early, so I got to finish it after 10:30, so, this painting is of pears again, well, that seemed the easy way today.

So, here goes the painting, I started laying in he pears with yellow and green, once I had the pears in the place I wanted, I started the background, then the table, remember, this is just the first layer. I started defining the pears by shading the green and laying in some splattering, I put the shadows in, I see several colors in the shadow so, the pink is just a fuzzy shade of the table and then I saw a cool edge and then the double dark area, I layered this several times to get to the level of darkness I wanted, then, I laid in a lighter layer on the highlight side and put dark shapes on the shadow side, I wasn't careful I wanted it to be sort of lumpy looking and the spots, you know how pears get after a couple days, these have sat here for a few days now, so they are looking very interesting. I splattered darker green for speckles on the pears and some brown spots, then, of course, I had to re-do the background and the table top, I think I re-did the background and table 3 times more after I splattered, I think this painting is done, I like this painting and I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment