Saturday, July 2, 2011

Painting #158 - July 1 - a bit late getting this done

It was a very busy day, Dr.'s appointment, and delayed with that because of an emergency (E.R.), not me, the Dr., so I sat and waited, I was there over an hour and a half, then it was Dam Days in Sturgis, and the Gallery had a Dam Good Pie sale, of which I made 2 pies, I met Susan about 2:40 or so and we headed over to do ticket sales, then we sat and sketched, and you will see what I sketched, here it is, they had a couple of guys playing guitar and singing, so Sue and I sketched. I got enthused about it, and decided that it would make a great blog painting, so I didn't get started until after 9:00 p.m., so this is really late, of course, I wasn't just happy making the shapes and blanking out the faces, I had to do portraits, why? Well, I just couldn't stop myself, I took some pictures while I was there and it just seemed like the one I wanted to paint. So, I'm not getting any sleep tonight, I've got to quit doing that.

This is the first sketch


and, this is the last one, it's Cole & Clay


So, now I'm on my way to bed, finally, hope you enjoy this one as much as I did painting it. good night.

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a great job on this one. Keep up the good work and get some sleep haha! Dam good painting.

    ReplyDelete