Friday, July 22, 2011

Painting #179 - a sad day for me, a dear friend passed away

I've known Bea Edwards for over 26 years, she came to me for china painting lessons, her husband got sick and she had to drop out, but she came back and she painted right up until December this last year, she was 94 (I think, if not 93), anyway it's a very sad day for me, she was such a lovely person, and I'm very sad, her daughter did make it to see her before it happened and that was important to her, her health had been declining but she kept going, even in pain and the loss of vision in one of her eyes, she is my hero, and I'm very sad, since I will be unable to attend her grave side service, but my heart is there, and I know she knows that, I will miss her, as will all my other students, I love you Bea, God Bless.

I was a bit short of time to get this painting done, it's been a very busy day, I did manage to get it done, even though I'm sure you know that it is Saturday (1:00 a.m.), but, I started this and I haven't been to bed yet, so it counts in my book for the painting for the 22nd. This one is painted on the 5" x 7" aquabord, I took this picture at my friend and students home last week it was taken the same day as the green apples were. I really am going to make this short, I started out by just painting in the fruit, one at a time and I did not sketch, and I only had to make 2 adjustments, the orange was too small and the peach wasn't large enough, so it really didn't take much to fix. I really just kept working at it until it made me happy, I really like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment