Monday, July 4, 2011

Painting #161 - Happy 4th of July!

Now that it's just slightly after the 4th, I'm wishing you happy 4th, ah well, I did try, I had to wait to take the photo until the sky was dry, I had splattered the foreground and the splatters got all over the sky, so I had to re-do the sky, I usually like to get the sky done first and I really did, but I had to re-do it a bit, and, darn, it was a perfect sky, well, I like this one too.

I realize that you are probably not into winter yet, but I like painting the snow, and this painting is a composition I painted in pastel and I really enjoyed it. I decided to work on the clayboard again today, I really do like painting on the clayboard, so this one went pretty well.

I painted the sky, after it dried, I floated in the house over the hill (mind you, I did not draw any of this, I just painted it), then I put in the shadow side of the ditch, this side of the fence, then the fence and finally the snow on the hill going up to the house, after that was dry, I went in with some darker colors and some purple to add to the shadow information, then some medium blue for the shadow snow and then the snow and some of the weed info on the hill, after that, I did the brush, and worked back into the shadows and once I got that, I went in with some highlights on the fence and the weeds and finally the white snow. I really like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment