Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Painting #184 - July 27 - A fine day, went to Hobby Lobby

Well, got Aunt Alicia on the train headed home, then, went to Hobby Lobby, whew! Sure can get in trouble in that store, got some more of those Aquabords (and a lot more too), so, anyway, it's been a long day and I'd like to get to bed soon, so will try to make this short.

I worked on both of these paintings today, the first one, the acrylic, was actually started several months ago at Blue Moon, we had a session where we all brought mugs or cups from home and sat and painted them on the spot. I ran across this painting at the studio and decided it might be kind of interesting to see how I approach the same subject with two different mediums, the first one is acrylic on canvas (6" x 6"), I was challenging myself to work in a medium that I wasn't accustomed to, I liked this painting so then decided to give the claybord a try with the opaque watercolors, I feel much more comfortable with these materials so I kind of like the second one a little better, even still, I think I could smooth it out a bit more but I'm so tired that I was afraid that I'd mess it up and have to fix it. Maybe I'll work at that another day, today it's a comparison of the same subject with different mediums, I was getting to like the acrylics, I did figure out how to blend, you have to be quick and have the two colors blend together as they are still wet, that worked for me. I do like the opaque watercolors and how they handle on the clayboard, so I will probably keep working with this medium, so I like both of these paintings and I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment