Monday, July 18, 2011

Painting #175 - another still life with fruit

I had such a good time painting those fruit still life's, I deided to do another one, I have another photo for tomorrow (that is if I feel like painting fruit), I do have a portrait to do, but, the problem is that it will probably take more than 2 hours and I sure would like to have it really close to finished before I leave class.

I'm using that aquaboard again, I have really gotten into painting on that surface, I'm thinking I will have to order some more of that stuff, at some time, probably not too soon, I'm hoping I have to really buckle down and save money to go to Ireland, one only hopes.

I started out by painting the background, then I painted the table top, painting around the wine glass and the cherries. then I put the mid tone cherry color in and the stems then the shadows, I enjoyed painting the wine glass, it was much simpler than the cut glass dishes I had done before. I just kept moving around painting cherries and fine tuning the glass, finally, I put the highlight on the stems and then the stem shadow, I really like this little painting and I hope you do too.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite of the chrystal series by far! Awesome! Reminds me of poppie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite of the previous still lifes that you have painted. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete