Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Painting 163 - July 6 albeit a few min, past 12:00 a.m.

Got a late start today, still having a few computer problems, well, I think I have it fixed, somehow, this computer keeps loosing the wireless program for my wireless printer, I had to connect it directly to the computer via USB, then tell it I wanted to switch it from USB to wireless, never had it connected directly so don't really understand why it lost it, but it did find it and now I can print again, kind of hard to print when it doesn't see it. So, enough of the computer stuff.

I had a bit of confusion today, couldn't remember that we decided to do the Blue Moon thing on Friday instead of Wednesday, got in my car and drove over to Sue's, funny thing, no one was there except Sue, so I drove by and called her on the cell phone, really felt dumb, but oh well, decided to go sketch, I drove all over, and didn't find a thing, so I went home (after about an hour and a half, my husband would have a stroke about the gass, oops), so, when I got home, I got my new bush (well, it's a vine), and put it in the sunshine and took a bunch of pictures of it in different directions, this vine is so pretty, large pink tubular flowers and it's going to bloom for a while, hopefully, we'll get it planted before it doesn't have a chance to get set in the ground before winter comes, it's called a Mandevilla, really pretty.

I decided to do just a small one for now, I am considering making a much larger composition since they are so pretty, you really can't tell what the flowers really look like with this view, but I did like this composition, so, that means you will probably see a larger composition of this. First I painted the medium pink, then I put a bit darker pink for the petal definition, once the flower was in (and I didn't draw it, again), I put the green for the leaves in and finally the gravel (I know it's really hard to see that but I did like it in the background instead of the normal blue that we all have a tendency to do behind flowers), I really worked up the background first then the leaves, I like the simplicity of these leaves, then I fine tuned the flower, and put the white bits on the edges of the leaves and the flowers, now, I really do like this little painting, oh yes, I forgot to tell you it's on 4" x 4" clayboard, I only had time to do one, but I do think this works, and I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment