Saturday, July 2, 2011

Painting #159 - I'm taking it easier today

After yesterday's painting, I need a rest, so I really didn't have a good idea for a painting today so I decided to take the easy road today. I am really tired, didn't get as much sleep, again, as I really need. I finished yesterday's painting at 3:30 a.m., which technically is today, oops! but, I did get a painting done, albeit late, and I was very happy with yesterday's painting, so this one is much simpler, and went a lot faster, I didn't have a bird in my photo, but, you know what, that's my decision, and I do think this painting needs something, that tree stump (I know, it shouldn't be smack in the middle, but I can always set it off to the side by moving the painting back and forth to find where the stump looks best (that's done with the mat), I really started to get into the grasses, and I did really get into the trees, then, once the tree trunks were in, I got out the splatter brush (usually a liner), and splattered green for the foliage, then I took the spray bottle, and spritzed it to spread out the little dots. I know this painting isn't a prize winner, but it's all I had in me today, but, even then, I think this little painting works, I hope you enjoy this painting too.

No comments:

Post a Comment