Sunday, July 24, 2011

Painting #181 - July 24 - I lounged most of the day today

I didn't get anything accomplished today except finish this little painting, and it took me longer than I thought it would. If I figure it right I have about 4 hours in this 6" x 6" painting, I really though it would go much faster, I had it all blocked in and some of the detail done, but, it goes like it goes, guess that was just the way it was today.

I'm not sure I like hobnails, they were tricky and today, my lighting was much darker so the cherry's were much darker and I tried to lighten them up, but, I'm thinking they don't look as good as I wanted them to. I could beat this painting to death, so I decided to stop and call it done, I know when things start to get overdone, and this is about there. I struggled with the cloth too, so I will say that I enjoyed the first cherry painting more than this one, although, I'm sure that when I get some sleep, I may change my opinion.

I started by laying in the cherry's and then the bowl, once I had them positioned, I laid in the cloth shadows and then the far table top, then I really worked hard to get the cherry's and the cloth to smooth out, for some reason they were giving me a fit today, finally I took a damp brush and smoothed the cloth out as much as I could without lifting the paint (kind of tricky with the clayboard). I do like the composition of this painting, and I like the painting too, so I'm hoping that you also like it, going to bed now, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment