Sunday, July 17, 2011

Painting #174 - another good day

I can't believe it, I've really been getting in the groove with these last few paintings, they haven't taken as long to paint (of course they are small, not too small but smaller than the what I've been painting lately), this one is 5" x 7" and painted on the aquaboard again, I have about 2-1/2 hours in this one, amazing for such a complicated composition. I really was expecting to have a problem getting to the painting, what with out of town company (well, family), I thought that my painting might take away from the visit, but, she is very interested in watching me paint, she seems amazed how they progress, that's ok though, sometimes it amazes me.

This painting is similar to one that I painted a couple of years ago, although that other painting was in oil, and this one is the opaque watercolors, the other painting, the kitty is in the foreground, and with this one, the kitty is in the background.

I really enjoyed the aquaboard yesterday, so, I decided to paint on it again today, I used my new 1-1/2" flat brush that I bought yesterday (for my blog painting set-up), I know I have lots of brushes but this one is short handled and much easier to carry around in my kit. I washed in the sky and while it was still wet, jumped in with the green for the trees and I just worked around until I had one layer of paint all over it. Then, I worked the trees in the background and just kept moving forward. There is so much stuff in this one that you can just infer what it all is, just a few of the things you can really tell what they are, I put the finishing touches on and now I'm calling it done, I like this little painting, and I hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your paintings. It would be impossible for me to pick a favorite as they all appeal to me. Keep painting...don't ever quit.

    ReplyDelete