Friday, July 29, 2011

Painting #186 - July 29 - first day of relaxation in 6 weeks

It was a good day, should have gone to the studio and cut mats but I worked on the computer, read some of my book, painted watched a little TV, haven't had much of that lately, so I decided to paint another flower picture so I could get to bed at a semi decent hour, I'm tired, but it felt good today to do some of the things that I wanted to do without feeling like I would run short of time, so I didn't get into too complicated of a painting, maybe tomorrow I can get back at the challenge.

These are hollyhock, I've painted lots of these, but they seemed like a perfect flower for a very easy going day, and of the colors of hollyhock, I do enjoy the pink the best. I started with the pink flowers and then put in the green for the stems, buds and leaves, there was a dark background in the photo and it did lean toward the purple, so I decided to go with the purple, then it was simple, fine tune the flowers, starting with the center and I kind of let the leaves become unimportant by eliminating the detail, my focus is, after all, the flowers in the center, I like this painting and I sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment