Sunday, July 10, 2011

Painting #167 - suffering a sunburn from yesterday

Yesterday, my daughter and grandson came by to swim in the pool, so, I decided to go out and spend the day with them, well, spending it (all afternoon) in the pool, when you've not been in the sun much, isn't a good thing, I forgot to put on the sunscreen, oops, now I'm paying, my daughter was burnt a bit (not as much as me) and Ryan too, he looked like a lobster, I'll bet he is suffering too, I thought about it when I went in and decided to fix supper and got the sunscreen out, but it was too late, I know I should have thought about it sooner, I'll have to attempt to remember to get it out next time.

Well, I didn't start the day out too good, didn't sleep well (for obvious reasons) and then didn't feel real well to start out, I did improve, but I sure didn't feel much like painting, but I did manage to get one done, this is a subject that I painted in pastel a long time ago, I like this group of buildings and the field of grasses, it just catches your eye (well, mine anyway).

I started this last Tuesday and then didn't get back to it until today, I had it about 1/3 done, it's painted with the opaques on the clayboard, then I decided to re-do the barns and the sky, and that pretty much made it totally re-painted, so this painting's sky was too blue, so the gray with a touch of purple looked a lot better, then the barns were pretty wimpy, I really worked them up, and then I really started to get into this painting, once the problems were solved it went really well, I love the grasses, they really worked up nicely, then the foreground grass and the fence posts, now it is finished, I love this little painting and I sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment