Monday, August 1, 2011

Painting #189 - Aug 1 - late again

So, here I go again, late, tried about 3 times to get at the painting, then went swimming with my sister, oops, fixed supper, and didn't get at it until 10:30, so here it is 12:45, so I guess that means I have 2-1/4 hours into this painting, well, that would be better if it wasn't so late, so, this will be a short summation.

I bought these wonderful cherries yesterday at the grocery, thinking all the while I was drooling over them, that maybe I'd paint them, so, at 10:30, I set this up and took some photos and Ta Da, it's a painting, I didn't draw them this time either, I just jumped in with yellow and painted yellow over the whole cherry shape, then I took a gray color (mixed), and painted the shape of the crystal dish, then a bit darker and more purple gray for the cloth, then I went in with the red and kept working up the cherries until I had them the way I wanted, I didn't spend much time on the cloth this time, hope it doesn't show, but, I think it looks alright. This is painted on the Ampersand Aquabord, and probably one of the reasons that is didn't take too long, it's 5" x 7". I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment