Thursday, August 25, 2011

Painting #213 and 213-part 2 - it's a two for one again.

I know these are small paintings, and small paintings are not the only thing that I want to do, but, when you are so busy, and you only have a couple of hours to paint, then you have to downsize, these paintings were done in class today, the first one, the landscape, was the first one, it kind of rolled off my brush in about an hour and 15 min., the second one, took about an hour (with about 15 minutes of that at home).

The flower, was a small demonstration for one of the Thursday girls, she was working on this blue flower painting and her flowers were all the same shape and not touching plus other things, like outlined and various other kinds of stuff, so I decided to do a small painting to show them what I would do with this same flower and how messy it would look when it was first started, and how I would fine tune it. The flowers had lots of dew drops all over them, well, way too many dew drops in my personal opinion, so I just put in 2, so, all in all, there is only about 2 hours and a little more for both of these paintings, I think I'm getting faster now.

The landscape was a photo taken on one of our Northern trips to the North Shore of Lake Superior, the first of October, there was ice on the rocks and in the water, but I didn't think I could pull that off so I left the ice out. there was a big chunk of it on the foreground rock and some in the middle, but it was difficult to tell that it was ice, so I just smoothed it over, my choice. I really like the shapes of the rocks, and the water, actually, I like the whole thing, it was fun to paint, the flower was also fun to paint, I like these little paintings and I hope you do too.



No comments:

Post a Comment