Saturday, August 13, 2011

Painting #201 - Aug 13 - glad this day is done

Just tired today, I worked at the Gallery today, it took me 3 hours to get my old paintings down and the new ones up, I had to add them to my inventory list, and the Gallery's list, plus, there were a few that I didn't have on my own list of paintings, so it took a while, there were a few people that came in, but I really had a hard time painting, I didn't get this one done until I got home and then I really didn't get into it until about an hour ago, I chose this photo because I originally thought that I would get two done so I didn't have to spend the time tomorrow painting, well, I didn't get the other one finished, so I'm sure this one will do.

I took this photo several years ago (about 32 years ago), on my lunch hour from the factory I was working at, I was playing with a new camera (an SLR 35 mm), they didn't have the digital that they do now, I still have the SLR but don't use it at all, I've gone strictly digital, I know that the resolution isn't as good, but when you are just using it as reference material, it's good enough, my favorite is this small Kodak that I carry in my purse everywhere I go.

This painting is a composition from a much wider view, I didn't have the close up, so I made a composition of 3 of the trillium with some leaves, this, again, is a small 4" square painting, for this composition, it's enough, it's the Ampersand Aquabord, I almost like the smoother claybord more, but once in a while it works great, this time, I struggled getting the washes to blend, I decided there wasn't much more I could do to it, so it's finished, I like this little painting, and I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment