Monday, August 15, 2011

Painting #203 - Aug 15 - tried to get this done early, well, it is before midnight

I really tried to get done early, I started it at 4:30 and I really only took (actual time), about 3 hours, but I didn't get this done until 11:30, of course, that is earlier than 12:30 or 1:00 a.m., at any rate, it's finished and it's still the 15th, so, it's good.

I decided on this landscape, it's done on claybord, I think you can see that by the smoothness of the surfacIe. I started out by painting in the broken dam (I didn't sketch this except with paint), then I laid in the surface of the water in the distance and the trees were painted in with a middle value of green with some yellow and orange mixed in here and there, then I laid in the shape of the foam on the water with light blue and the bank and tree in the foreground, the water was a mixture of brown and green with some yellow ochre mixed in. I had to wait for that to dry before I could continue, since I had puddled it on quite thickly. Once that was done I finished up the water by laying in some waves with a bit of darker purple/blue and then some ultra light blue on top of that, I don't think I can give you a complete play-by-play since there was a lot of going back and forth to bring it up to this level, the tree and foliage on the foreground bank were next, after I finished the background trees, then the last thing was the grasses over the water and the dead leaves on the grass, I really like this little painting, and I hope you do too.



No comments:

Post a Comment