Saturday, August 27, 2011

Painting #215 - Aug 27 - What a day

My friend Susan convinced me that we needed to go to this paint-out/art walk over by Lake Michigan, what a nice day, sold a few paintings and managed to get almost 2 paintings done, wow, did I talk, and I'm amazed that I got as much done as I did. I'm going to show you 2 paintings, but the first one is the only one that's done, it's small and the other one is an 8" x 10", but I was so exhausted when I got home that I didn't have the energy to finish the 2nd painting, I was painting it there, and some of the people that I met there may come here to see if I got it done, and I'm about 1/2 done with it, I did paint on it when I got home, but there was no way that I can get it done today, but I wanted anyone who was there to see how it's progressing.

I did the small one first, it's pretty much the same place, just a bit different view. I was really sitting among the weeds, this was at a Nature Preserve, and portion of the sales go to help finance it, so I chose this site because of the purple flowers, I have since found out that they are Iron Weed, I've never heard of that before, I thought it was some version of a thistle, but, not so. The second part was of a nice tree that was close by, and of course the flowers, we were watching butterfly's flit around, it was very nice, a bit hot, I was in the direct sunlight, I probably should have brought an umbrella, oh well, maybe next year.

These paintings are done on Ampersand Claybord, a product that can be used for multi-media, some people scratch into it, but it's a wonderful surface for watercolor, I love the way the paint just puddles when there is a lot of water present. I still have about 1/2 of the 8" x 10" painting to do, I need to finish the tree and the weeds in the foreground, I will finish it tomorrow, I like this little painting, and I hope you do too.


This is the painting that I don't feel is done, I will finish it tomorrow, and I'll attempt to do another small one so that I keep myself honest, with the blog painting a day theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment