Friday, August 26, 2011

Painting #214 - Aug 26 - it's going to be a short night

Well, I have about 2-1/2 hours in this one, I didn't get started with it until about 9:30, well, you are probably wondering why, well, I had to pack my car, my friend Susan thought it would be a good idea to go to an art walk over by Lake Michigan tomorrow, so, since I'm usually up for most things in the art related field, I decided that it might be a good idea, even though I should have painted earlier, it's been a busy day, my insurance man was here, and I had to frame a painting for my neighbor's birthday (a gift), and then pack the car, so, now I'm done, and since it's after 12:00 a.m. and I have to get up in the morning by 6:00, I'd better make this short.

I painted this same composition many years ago, in pastel, it was a gift to my Mother, and now I own it again, but I really enjoy negative painting, and this particular photo presents itself with lots of negative painting. It looks complicated but it really wasn't too bad, well, I'm making this short, so, I really like this little painting, and I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment