Friday, August 19, 2011

Painting #207 - Aug 19 - A very sweet lady and a trooper

Good evening, today my choice of paintings just seemed to be this wonderful lady, she was my sister's Mother-in-law, she passed away this spring, she lived along life, 101 years to be exact, even though she had a heart condition since I've known her, she lived a long life, of course, long life runs in the family, her mother also lived to be 100, but unlike her Mother, she had a devoted son who did a wonderful job of taking care of her at the last, a very hard job, I'm sure you would agree, I know I couldn't have done it for my Mother, even though I offered to have her live with me, she never wanted to, she was very independent, as was Gordon's mother. I didn't know that I was going to paint this today, I ran across a photo that just seemed to call me and so I did it. I will, of course, give this to Gordon, or one of this brother's, or who ever, I will find out who likes it, now, this photo was rather dark and I don't think she was that dark complected (if I remember correctly), so I think it could be lighter, I just couldn't get the paint to lighten up, I was using the opaques and for some reason they show up very dark, so, I'm going to make this short, tomorrow is a big day, I'm doing an art fair in White Pigeon and I have to figure out which paintings I'm going to take, I have plenty, I've decided to sell some of my blog paintings (I am keeping the ones I think might go in my show coming up in 2012 at the Carnegie Center for the Arts in Three Rivers, MI, I can hardly wait, 2012 looks like it is going to be a promising year, a trip and an art show, woo hoo! I didn't get my picture around for the application to the Bean Creek Art Show that my friend Susan thought I should enter, I just haven't had the energy to think about that with everything else that I've been doing, just too much some days. I like this little painting for today, and I hope you like it too.




After seeing how this looked on line, I decided to re-work it, so this is the new view, I hope you aren't disappointed that you are't seeing the first version, since it was so harsh, I like this version much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment