Friday, August 12, 2011

Painting #200 - Whew! Made it to 200, love it!

Now it really is downhill from here, I'm feeling stunned, amazed, and gratified, that I did manage to keep this up, I'm not quitting, I'm just amazed that I did it. When you say you're going to do something like this, you never really know (or believe), that you actually can do it, so this is good. Today's painting was started late, so it's a small one, this scene seemed to speak to me, I took this photo several years ago, it's in the U.P. and I believe it's the north shore of Lake Michigan, I don't know for sure, because there were a few pictures I took at Lake Superior just west of White Fish Point, oh well, it's a great lake at any rate.

I wanted something simple that could be done in under an hour, I didn't leave myself time to spend more than that, I have to work at the Gallery tomorrow and I have to get some sleep, mostly so I don't fall asleep trying to paint tomorrow, I had a hard time last month with that. This was a very misty day, I hope you get that, with it being a bit indistinct, the figures are ultra small, so there isn't much detail there, but they do pull you in, so I like that. There were some dead Christmas trees pulled up on the shore in the foreground and I didn't like that large dark brown look there, so I just eliminated them, the rocks look pretty good, and they were there but with the trees on top of them, so I just left the trees off. I like this little painting and I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment