Sunday, August 28, 2011

Painting #216 - Aug 28 - Another busy day, seems the way of things lately

So, I really painted my blog painting for today first, I was so tired (still- did I mention yesterday that I had a short night, on top of going to this paint out which was a bit over 2 hours away), well, I don't think I've caught up yet.

Sundays are always spent with my husband, shopping, and so on, then we had an anniversary party to go to and I had this painting to finish and another one to do, so I finally got to the painting part, but was so tired, I wasn't sure that I'd be able to do it, I am sure you are going to think, "what was she thinking", throwing in that winter scene, well, sometimes I just like to paint winter scenes, this one is only part of the whole, I narrowed it down to the barn (or garage), and the drive plus all the trees, I really got into it, I was tired when I started and was even considering not working on the painting from yesterday, that I needed to finish, but by the time I got the winter scene done, I was just into the painting thing, so the painting got done. I was originally going to do negative painting in the foreground, but I re-thought that, I wanted to paint the leaves in instead of painting around them, so I decided to do it this way, at the last minute, I also decided to put in the Tiger Swallowtail that had been flitting around all day (I'm sure it was more than one, I almost put in one of the white ones that was there too, but decided to just stick with the yellow ones). There were several swallowtail butterfly's a couple of dark ones (both different varieties), but I didn't want to put in just any old colors on it, I wanted to be as close to the actual butterfly as possible, I chose the tiger one because I had a photo of one of those and I could give it a bit of reality, I like both of these paintings and I hope you do too.






No comments:

Post a Comment