Saturday, August 6, 2011

Painting #194 - Aug 6 - late again

I think being late is the story of my life, I would like to do better about getting these paintings done, I started early, then, as per, things changed and it got put on the shelf for a few hours, but, I did get this one done, all be it later than I wanted, oh well.

I really enjoyed those sheep I painted a few months ago, so, when I ran across this sheep photo, I decided to give it another try, I did get into it, once I got started, it's the getting started that is tough for me lately (well, most of the time), I can lay it all out, get the plan going, and even have it started, but for some reason that I can't fathom, I drag my butt betting at it again.

I didn't sketch these either, and I did have to make some adjustments, but the claybord is very forgiving, you can wipe it back almost to white. I laid in the shapes of the sheep and then painted the background around them, I did kind of sketch with the paint brush, so then I did my usual, I started with the farthest (sky), and then the far ground and trees and then the middle trees, and the grasses moving up to the sheep, then I just randomly moved around to finish up the sheep until it looked as close as I could get it, I wasn't going to put the fence in, but, I had trouble, some of the sheep were hidden behind it and I couldn't make it look right, so I put it in, it looks ok, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

1 comment: