Thursday, August 4, 2011

Painting #192 - Aug 4 - another small painting today

It was class day today, I specifically chose this small one because of that, I have been trying to keep my painting less complicated so I can help the girls (no guys, not because I wouldn't, they don't). I also forgot to take my bag with my reference material in it so, I chose to paint the butterfly that my friend Edith, had laying on her table, she found it laying in her yard, what a beauty, I have seen several of these lately, but I just didn't have an opportunity to get a close look, well, when it's laying perfectly still, you can, I laid it right in front of me, I had to move it back several times, because, it is so light, it moved off the piece of paper it was laying on just by breathing, of course I was probably breathing too hard, who knows, lol.

So, now you know why the butterfly, I did paint one once before, but that one was from a photo, this was really interesting, almost like biology, but not quite. I am certain it's a swallowtail, but unsure of the actual name of this beauty. I decided on the violet/mauve background because of the yellow, the purple is it's compliment. I really picked this one apart, I tried to make it as accurate as possible, of course, I didn't have the same velvety texture, but, this is as close as I could get, I like this little painting, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment