Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Painting #204 - Aug 16 - a very tired day again

I just don't think there are enough hours in the day to get 8 hours of sleep and get all the other things done too, I should have come right home from the Arts Alive meeting, that was after classes today, I didn't get home until 7:30 (since I had to go to the grocery), then cooked supper, I just couldn't make myself get moving on the painting, so I got a late start again. I think I'm starting to get used to only getting 6 hours a sleep a day (well, that's a lie), I'm just exhausted, so this will be short.

I should have done something today that was simpler, but I had this one started (started it in class today), and I really am glad it's finished. I laid in the golden tone for the sky, and overlaid the trees in the wet sky wash with greens, I put in the rocks, trying to make sure that they were different sizes and shapes, and finally I put in some brown for the water, I let that dry, then, when I started working on it again, I went back into the sky and put in shome negative spaces behind the trees to create some interesting shapes, I put in the tree trunks, and then laid green over for the branches, I also put in some darker branches for the trees. I spattered the rocks, and laid in several layers of different grays and some purple for the rocks, and finally I put in the water ripples, and the foam, oh yes, this painting is on 8" x 8" claybord, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment