Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Painting #212 - too hot to think today, then storms

Got into the rain coming home from the Sturgis class tonight, hopefully, it will cool things off and the humidity will go down, that was what was the killer today, the humidity. Well, got the girls going in the right direction tonight, didn't make the painting for today too hard for them, except that there wasn't enough time to finish a 11" x 15" work, so, I started a small one. Had a bit of a problem, spilled my tea in my paint bag, got all the photo's wet and some of the bords that I had in there, this painting is painted on one of the bords that was soaked with the tea, well, when it dries, I'll be able to tell if it spoiled it, and if it does, that means that I'll be painting another of these to replace this one, only time will tell.

I really am addicted to painting on this Aquabord surface, it really does paint up quickly, and that was the reason that I chose this surface tonight, only had about an hour and a half to complete this one, well, when you paint in monochrome, you can do it. That was yesterday's and today's, so I won't go into detail on this one, I just had to work a bit to eliminate the surface damage that occurred when it was wet and in the bag, so when it dries, I'll see if it held, and hopefully, it will. This photo was taken on a very gray day and this is a very gray painting, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment