Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Painting #128, it was a day of accomplishment

Accomplishment yes, painting, not too much, I did get the painting done, but very late, fought with the computer again today, that usually takes up more time than I think is necessary, isn't the computer supposed to be more efficient? Well, when you have to dink around trying to figure out how and where to go in a program, it isn't efficient, I was trying out a new program for my new laptop, was considering investing in a program that should be compatible with my Corel Photo Paint program, since I invested in an upgrade for the laptop (the Photo paint program), I assmed that by investing in a new Corel Wordperfect Suite, that it would fit right in with the Corel Photo program like the old version I have, did, well, think again, I don't know where they get these programmers, they just get the darn programs so complicated and nothing works together anymore, I would just install the old program on here, but, guess what, it won't work with Windows 7, imagine that, so, I will have to do all my major art stuff on the old main computer so it looks good. I've already had to upgrade several programs, I'm sure not happy about that, well, let's get on with this painting.

I started this painting a few days ago, and worked on it a couple of times, but it didn't get me, had Blue Moon tonight and started 2 other paintings and didn't work on this one until I got home, one of the problems is that I had misplaced the reference material I was using and I couldn't get the flower to look corect, well, I found some photo's, and they weren't the ones, but I decided to sponge off some of the flower and reconstruct it. So, this painting is very opaque, I usually work with the opaques in a translucent manner but, this time they are opaque. I had to reconstruct both the yellow and the purple flower, I also got the gesso out and re-worked the background and reshaped the leaves, so, this finally got finished, way late, and I'm glad it's finished, I like this painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment