Friday, June 24, 2011

Painting #151 - June 24 - out in left field with this one

This is an experimental painting, I got some liquid watercolors and was testing them out, well, I really didn't have much in mind and let my students direct me a bit, it was so pale, I decided to ramp up the colors a bit and now I think it is ok, I know it's not my usual, well, sometimes you have to step out of the safe zone and get right in with something that's a bit more challenging, and I do believe that abstraction is challenging, I don't feel that it's my strong point, but it was an interesting diversion, as I said, I didn't have a plan when this was conceived, it just progressed, once I made some strokes, I got the feeling that it was a city and then I thought, well, it needs some freeway's, then it needs some billboards, wow, I got right into this, now I have factory's and then as a final I put a few trees (you do have some trees, well, at least in the small city I'm accustomed to), so it became a city, well, what city is complete without department stores, and if you have department stores, you have people, can you see them, well, I'm making this short, I've got a headache, and I'm very tired, got to catch some z's, I like this painting, and I sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment