Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Painting #155 - it's 3 for today

Well, I got carried away, I went over to the studio and brought back my liquid watercolors, my acrylic inks and some acrylics, well, I decided to play with the acrylic inks (my first time - they have been sitting staring at me for almost 3 months), about time that I used them.

I started out wet in wet, the first one is the blue fish one, then while that was drying, I tried another one with out totally wetting the paper, then I just really got into it, I just worked back and forth, first I did the one that has yellow, then I worked on the blue one (the reason I had to wait was I had soaked the paper under the faucet and it's 300 lb. paper), I was taking the photo's for this blog, and I decided to finish the one that I worked on in class, I actually had another one started too, but this one seemed to go with the abstractness of this group of paintings, the cat painting is one that was the other half of the painting I did for yesterday, if you can believe it, this one had a shape that looked like a cat to me, so that's what it became, in class, I only had the opaques to work with, so after I saw how the inks worked, I decided to add a bit more of the gold (the opaques sort of covered most of the original coppery paint up), so, today you get three, that should make up for being behind last week, I enjoyed doing these paintings, I'm sure hoping you enjoy them too.



No comments:

Post a Comment