Thursday, June 9, 2011

Painting #136, very tired today

Don't know why I did it, ate a bunch of chocolate before bed, and didn't sleep well, got about 2 hours (probably a bit more but I seemed to be aware of every minute that went bye, I slept after the alarm went off, and, of course, don't feel like I slept at all, so, I'm going to make this short so I can get some sleep, sure running short of sleep lately.

Didin't start this painting until almost 8 o'clock tonight, I started one in class today, and I'm really excited to paint it, but, I knew I couldn't get it done before 2 or 3 a.m., so I decided to put that one aside and paint a floral, I can always paint floral's quickly, so that's what I did, I've painted these flowers once before and demoed another one that isn't done, but it's much too large for me to finish it in one 2 or 3 hour sitting.

I painted the flowers with the yellow, wet in wet, moving from greenish yellow for the shadows to the orange for the center and some of the shadows, then I started to put in the green, well, the green didn't do it for me but instead of finishing the green leaves, I decided to finish the flowers, then the buds, once the flowers were done I started to fine tune the leaves, I really didn't like the dark green I put in, it looked dull, so I decided to give the dark areas a layer of prussian blue, that worked for me, it also helped to emphasize the yellow and orange, so this is the painting for today, I will probably have to sign it again, I had to sign it with a regular pen because I left the signing pen over at the studio, and I'm too tired to run over there and get it, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment