Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Painting #142 - June 15 - Ultra Busy Day

No time to paint today until I got to Susan's for Blue Moon, I had a doctor's appointment this morning, took an hour, now I have to schedule ex-rays and blood work, but that's not all, then I had an appointment with Donna at The Carnegie Center for the Arts in Three Rivers, a couple hours apart, so I thought I had enough time to head home and get my painting stuff (I forgot to add it to the car before I left), so I really pushed it for time, was a few minutes late, I knew I wouldn't have time to get it after the appointment before I had to go to Tibbits to help hang our Arts Alive show, it's "Downsizing" (that's our theme for the show), the show is very small paintings, and there were lots of them. Then we went to dinner, and after that, we headed to Susan's for Blue Moon, I had about an hour, maybe a bit more,to paint, but not much more, I had to get home to work with the technician to fix my computer at 9:00 p.m., well, after 3 hours of messing with it again, we still are at the same place, now the bad news is that we may have to take it back to factory, wow, I could have done that myself, and saved a lot of money!

Well, this painting I worked on at Blue moon, I could have worked on the one I worked on a bit yesterday, but I decided to start a floral, I can paint those much faster, so I decided on these, I like the way the flowers swing around, almost looks like dancing, so I started wet in wet, on my regular 140# paper, while it was still wet, I decided to go in and add some details, I really worked on it a lot longer than I advise my students to, when the paper is wet, sometimes if you have too much water in your brush you get a boo boo! Well, I was lucky, probably because I wasn't using much water, so, when I got home, I worked on it a bit before the guy called to work on the computer, then off and on while he was working on it, and now, I rushed it a bit to get it done, I may have worked on it longer, but it's really late, almost 2:00 a.m., and I have to get to bed, work tomorrow, and then pack to leave for the wedding in Minnesota, so I cut this one short, I like how it looks, so I'm hoping you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment