Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Painting #141, Busy days never cease

I'm starting to get frazzled, this computer is really giving me a fit, so I'm not going there just now, I'm still irritated, it's late again, because I was on the phone with a computer tech. for over 3 hours, again, so it still isn't fixed and I have to deal with it again tomorrow night to see if another computer geek can fix it, some stuff really got messed up and now my anti-virus program can't download, so I will get it straightened out, one way or another, if I have to take it back to factory, then I will, hate having to re-load all those programs though, but that should fix the problem.

Well, this was a simple painting, I worked on another one at first, but it was larger than the regular size, which takes longer, and I knew I wasn't going to get time to finish it, so, I switched gears. I started another one that I knew wouldn't take as long, this is a photo of my dear friend Lynn's birdhouse and her wisteria bush before it got leaves, my branches are a bit larger than in reality, but that's ok, I don't care if they are thin or fat, same with me, lol.

I painted this on gesso coated watercolor paper, I sketched in the birdhouse and the main branches, then floated the background shadow in around the birdhouse, I then painted the sunlight side with a color called Juane Brilliant #1 (don't know if I spelled that correctly, oh well), anyway, then the birdhouse and finally the branches of the wisteria, I'm not going into the nth degree of detail on this, it went fairly quickly and I do like this painting, sure hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment