Sunday, June 12, 2011

Painting #139, what a busy day

Sunday, June 12, 2011, I haven't been putting the date on, but since this is technically June 13 (I'm late getting this posted), but this is really my June 12th painting, cooking, painting, shopping, cleaning, you name it, I've done it today, no rest for me, I'm going to make this short again today, I started this painting yesterday at our paint-out, but I didn't have the trees as good as I wanted them so I am using this today, I like it much better, now that I have the trees adjusted the way I wanted them, I sat on the main four corners of Coldwater with my friends and daughter, and painted the building across from me, which was Putnam Funeral Home, it's a beautiful large building next the the historical park with all the cannon that you see in the picture, there were a couple people in the park, but by the time I got to painting them they were gone, so these people are fictitious, I think the guy standing looks like my son-in-law, so I put my daughter in next to him (doesn't look much like her though), oh well. I really meant to get more than one painting done yesterday, but that didn't work out, I did get a few photo's of some other stuff that may, or may not, as I deem fit, get into a blog painting. This week is going to be very busy for me, something going on every day and then the week has come that we are to go to Minnesota, I did manager to finish a small painting (a floral) for the extra one's I need for the week-end (so I don't alienate my husband by painting on the trip), but now I have to figure out how to get 2 more, sure can't see how that's going to happen, but I will try. This week is also the week that I have the meeting with the Director of the Carnegie Center for the Arts in Three Rivers, I'm so excited, sure hope I can pull that off, really want to schedule that one person show.

Well, now on with the painting, this was painted "en plein air", so it may not be as fine tuned as some of the other stuff, I did manager to get the trees the way I wanted them, I tried to move the trees a bit and show some of the building, there are a lot of trees in that park, so I was up and moving around and checking out the structure and shapes of windows so I had some idea what they really looked like, I should have parked my stuff on the sidewalk and painted the front, but that would have meant leaving my friends all alone (hummmm!), well, I will have to do the front of the building another time too, it really is beautiful, anyway, I had a good day yesterday and today was fine tune the painting so I had a good day today too, especially after I talked to my friend Susan, I had forgotten all about the Michigan Art Competition reception today, so, I didn't make it, my friend Susan called and asked if I was going, and I had to tell her no, since I was still home, that's a 48 min. drive from my house and the reception was over at 4 (I think), so she wanted to know if I wanted her to collect any prize I might win, well, I told her I didn't think I'd win a prize since my painting that got accepted was just a simple watercolor, well, guess again, I always seem to manage that, I don't go to the show, and I do win a prize, well, it was just a purchase award but a purchase award means I sold a painting and I don't have to pay the commission, selling a painting is really good, and I'm very happy, so it was a great day, now, I am happy with this painting and I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment