Monday, June 13, 2011

Painting #140, another busy day

I'll be glad when this wedding thing is over, I am ready to just have my days to paint, I did manage to get 2 finished today, they were 2 that I had started a few days ago and didn't get back to (I'm really good at starting paintings and sometimes, bad about finishing them), I had to take my van over to the repair shop, having break and ABS issues, so I painted, then I ran over to have them check it out, then, back to paint, cook supper, and paint some more, I just finished this one, the one I did just before this one is my 2nd spare for the wedding trip, I have to do just one little thing to it to finish it, or I'd have put that one up instead of this one. I don't know if I can manage to get another spare before we go or not, tomorrow is class day and I usually can manage to almost get one done, but not so sure about the 2nd one, we'll see.

This painting was about 1/2 done, it's painted on gesso coated watercolor paper, 6" square (approximately),I did paint over everything except the sky today, I decided to change the foreground, I think the 2 extra cows add something to it, although they do look a bit cartoonish, I don't think cows are my best, although if I have good pictures I don't do too bad, I just don't have cows down to a science yet, maybe if I paint them again, I'll get it. I also changed the fence lines, I had originally had them crossing in the foreground, well, it got too confusing, so I decided to add the cows instead, I did have a picture but the picture was so dark it was hard to see the detail in the black and white, well, it's as good as it's going to get for now, if I can find some better pictures, I may change it later, I like this painting, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment