Friday, June 24, 2011

Painting #150 - June 23 - finally caught up

I finally finished the painting I've been trying to get done all week, as you will see, this is quite large, it's 10" x 15", unsure what size frame this will take, the reason I painted this size is, it was a piece of that illustration board with a gesso coating that I have recently enjoyed painting on, it was a board approximately 15" by 20" that I cut in half, if I had cut it in half again it would have been ok, but I hesitate to do that since it was about the correct size for this composition. I did struggle getting it done, but I think it was worth it.

I had another session with the computer guy again today, sure am getting sick of dealing with this, but, he says that it's ok now, I'm thinking that there is some program on here that is causing a problem, I did install some older programs that may be causing this difficulty, I'm considering uninstalling a couple of those programs to see if this really is straightened out. I don't think I really need all those programs anyway, I do still have the main computer (this is just a laptop).

As I said earlier, this painting is on acid free illustration board with a gesso coating, I probably will do some smaller paintings for a few days, sure am stressing myself out since I got behind, but I should be ok now, I managed to paint on 3 today and finished 2 so, I'm good to go.

This painting is another painting of Fumee Creek falls, I know you've seen a few of these, but I got so many wonderful photo's I just can't help it. I started with an over all undercoat of the local color (mid value), then I went in and worked on the upper falls first, the rocks and then the trees, the water was last, then I put in the major trees in the middle ground and after that I started to work on the rocks and water in the foreground, I just finished up the lower falls water and the larger rock and vines (or roots) on the far right, the foreground water and rocks were then put in, after that, I went in and put the dead leaves that had fallen all over the rocks in and put the branches on the overhanging trees and the pine needles on the middle ground pine trees. Done, I like this painting and I sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment