Thursday, June 2, 2011

Painting #129, the days seem to be getting longer, but is that good?

My days have been getting longer, haven't been able to get this blog done until 1:00 a.m., yesterday, and today, the days are longer, but, boy, am I tired, will have to make this one short.

This is translucent opaque watercolors on 140# D'Arches, I haven't been painting on just regular paper lately, but today seemed like a good day to get back to it, needed to be able to blend those colors, it isn't easy to do it on the gesso board nor the clayboard, sometimes you just need to be able to pull a wash, and today was it. I decided to do this picture of the water lily because, I just wasn't up to working on either of the other pieces that I had started, I felt that I could pull this one off in a couple hours maybe 3 at most, I didn't get really started until 10:00, lots of things got in my way again today, I'm still fighting with the laptop, I may have to take it back to factory, but not tonight, got to hit the bed, so tired. Tomorrow my neighbor is having a yard sale in my front yard, so I'm sure it's going to be another struggle to get anything done.

I have to get mats cut again, I have been making the paintings much larger than the 6" square ones I was doing, now, I'm having to cut mats for them since all the mats I already have cut are for the 6" ones, I should have stuck to the 6" ones, only, I was feeling restricted, just couldn't put all those compositions on the 6" one. So, I've told you that it's translucent, but there is some heavy opaques on it, I did leave the white for the lily, but I had to paint in the leaves for those fern looking weeds on the left, other than that, it's translucent, I like this painting, and I hope you do to.

No comments:

Post a Comment