Saturday, June 4, 2011

Painting #131, a whole day of painting

I had almost the whole day to work on this, I did work on 2 others but this one is the one that kept me at it. I had to work at the gallery today, and I didn't have many customers, it would have been nice to have a few that wanted to buy paintings, but no luck with that. I did have plenty of time to paint and I did talk to a couple of customers that were very interested in my art, so I felt good about that.

I started this one, or I should say, I designed this one on Wednesday at Blue Moon, I only got the sky painted though, so I decided to give it the rest of the first layer, that amounts to a mid value of the local color (I guess I'm still thinking like a pastel artist, my first love), usually with watercolor you start with the light colors and work your way up to the darks, but, since I'm working with the opaques, I can work that way and get away with it. I then decided to design another one and put that one aside to dry, I should be able to finish the other one tomorrow, if not then I will have it done Monday (hopefully). Monday night is Watercolor society, and I'm demoing working on clayboard, I will have to figure out what to paint on Monday, if I get Mondays done before the meeting, then I will stockpile it for when we go to the wedding in Minnesota (I will need 3, doubt that I will have time to paint while I'm gone).

I worked this one up my usual way, background first, the sky was first, then the background buildings, then the purple trees that are behind the buildings, then I did the foreground building on the right and the tree trunk, then the large barn on the left and the smaller one, and then the tree trunk on the left. Once that was done then I put in the branches of the trees and the foreground grasses, I really like this painting, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment