Friday, June 3, 2011

painting #130, painted off and on all day, good day

I really thought that with the neighbor having a yard sale in my front yard, that I wouldn't get much done, well, I did, I got this painting done before 1:00 a.m., wow, it's getting to be a record. I'm almost getting used to getting 5 hours of sleep, ugh! Well, the yard sale isn't doing well, hate to say it but told her it was a lot of work, for little or no pay and then you have all that stuff to get rid of, and believe me, it's some nice stuff, like new, and some of it is new. Oh well, you can't figure why people don't want to buy.

Well, on with today's painting, I painted this on watercolor paper coated with gesso, I ripped up a bunch of old paintings and coated them with gesso, and I think it works, this is an old falling down house that they bulldozed a year ago or more, I'm glad I got pictures of it before it became history, I'm very fond of this kind of subject matter, I love the broken boards and the overgrown stuff climbing all over, and the empty windows, I chose this subject matter for a workshop I took about a year ago, we did it in black and white, gray, and wild colors, but this is neither, I like to fine tune the detail more than that bunch of small paintings would afford. I'm into local color, so when I choose a site and take pictures, I compose my photo (generally, sometimes I get way too close and have to stick a bunch of photo's together, but I then can make the composition as I see fit.

This is done with the opaques, some opaque, and some translucent. I painted on this a bit here and a bit there today, I thought that the insurance man was coming but since we had those stormes last week end, he had to cancel. I will have to call and make another appointment, but I canceled an eye appointment because I had accidentally scheduled both at the same time, I could have gotten the eye appointment out of the way, oh well. I probably won't go into much detail about the painting, it was done the usual way, I put the background in first and the work my way forward. I put in the branches of the trees last and I think it's done, I like this painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment