Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Painting #148, this is yesterday's painting

I was so wiped out yesterday after getting back Monday so late, I'm sorry I didn't post a painting, I finished one that I started on Saturday before the wedding, we went shopping at Michael's and I got some watercolor canvases on sale, so I decided to paint on one, I really was getting into this one, but had to leave it to get dressed and leave for the wedding, and didn't get to finish it until today, I really worked on it quite a while, and I know I should start back to the 6" paintings, I'm spending so much time on these that I'm not getting much else done, as you can see, this is quite complicated, of course it's 12" x 12" and it is also a gallery wrap, that means that you can paint the sides of it so you don't have to frame it, but, one draw back, you do have to spray these wonderful little paintings, because if you don't, they will wash right off, I do have some U.V. protection spray that I intend to use.

This is another one of those wonderful garden paintings that I've had so much fun painting lately, this is a composite of 2 photo's, one of a statue of an old garden statue in a garden on the outskirts of Three Rivers, MI, I haven't been there in 25 years, so I have no idea if it is still here, the flowers were from the previous garden painting I did, and that's because the garden this was centered in wasn't really very pretty when I took this photo, I love this statue, I have no idea who it's supposed to be, but it is a wonderful statue, and life size (at least). The background and the statue are from the Three Rivers photo, and the garden is from the California garden, quite a combination, huh? Well, I really did enjoy painting this one, and I intend to use the painting I started last week for today's painting since I'm starting to catch up, I really love this piece, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment