Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Painting #134, June 7th, classes today

I've been just numbering these paintings, but, I think that I should be putting the date on them too, I think everyone could eventually figure out the date, but this should be simpler.

This painting's first life was an acrylic, an 11" x 14" done on a gesso board (much larger than I normally work, so it took a bit longer to complete), I did a fun workshop with the City of Coldwater back in March and this was a demo that was just the first layer of paint, I used bubble wrap to create some textures, and did lots of other things (I can't think what they were at this point), but it wasn't very inspiring, so, I decided to cover it with gesso, and when it was coated a couple of times (enough to cover up the ugly beneath), I decided to paint on the gesso with my gouache, once the gesso is dry, it's just a surface, I do like painting on the gesso with the gouache, so, as long as I mat it and frame it behind glass or plexiglass it will endure as long as the other watermedia that I have done. I put the first layer of this painting on last Wednesday, at Blue Moon, but really didn't get to far into it, so today, I decided to attempt to work it into a painting, I think it worked pretty well, the photo was just a picture of this barn and the grasses and trees, I added the painter (I'd think it was me except that it's too thin, or maybe it was me 15 years ago, lol, once upon a time, I was thinner), I think it adds something to it and it also puts the blue of the sky someplace except the sky, so this is good.

I think you already know how I work, so this was done the same way, I work on the farthest and come forward, that way the layers that overlap do it in the right order. I'm tired tonight and I'd better get to bed, tomorrow night is another class and I have to come up with what we are doing, I like this painting, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment