Thursday, June 16, 2011

Painting #143 - June 16, kind of a hurry up day

That sure seems to be the theme today, hurry up, get this painting done, hurry up, get to the bank, hurry up, drop off the insurance payment, hurry up pack, hurry up, fix munchies, hurry up get this posted, whew! I am going to catch a couple Z's here directly, very few, we are leaving in just about 2 hours, I have to get a shower and change clothes, and then we are on the road, I'm glad it's finally here, should be a fun week-end, we will be with lovely people and I'm looking forward to it.

This is one I have painted before, but, the first one was pastel, and this is watercolor, I like to paint the ones that I had done previously with pastel, changing it up to watercolor, it sure does look different, but similar. I am still short one blog painting, have 2 in reserve, but I may have to work on one for a little bit, I do have a very nice one about 1/3 done, still have about 3 or so hours to work on it, it's a bit larger than my standard 6" or 7", I have deviated from the strict size restrictions that I imposed on myself for this blog, I started to feel that is was cramping my style, so I have done a few that are larger, of course those do take a bit longer to paint, especially when I really jump into the detail, and the one I have to finish is pretty detailed.

Well, I really am going to cut this short, I have to get a little sleep, if I'm going to stay awake to keep my husband from falling asleep while he's driving, we were advised to go through Chicago early so we'd miss the rush hour traffic, so I will be blogging from a motel room sometime today (since I didn't get this done until it's after 12, so, I'm going to sign off now, I like this painting, and I sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment