Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Painting #338 - Dec 28 - Kind of a laid back day, not much to do, Great Grandma is sick

We came to Minnesota to have Great Grandma meet our grand children that she's never met, but, she has the flu, not going to chance getting it, so we probably won't get to see her. We left some pictures of the boys, but that sure doesn't get the kids to meet her, I wish it would have been better, because I don't know if I'll manage to get the kids here again, this has taken about 4 years of talking to get them here, first opportunity that Dale (my son), was able to get away, well, we did try. They did, however, meet some cousins and their great Aunt and Uncle, we have had some good times but sure would have been nice for them to at least meet her.

Well, I started working on this in the afternoon, but I got tired, so we put it aside for a couple of hours, I have, however, gotten it done before it was bed time though, that's good, for me, and I didn't even have to have anyone suggest it, imagine that. Also, we did manage to do a tiny bit of shopping today, just some bead supplies and some yarn, nothing too major.

This little painting is about an 1/8th of a sheet, hot pressed watercolor paper, oh yes I did buy a couple of brushes, so I painted with them and some watercolors, but nothing too expensive, they are having lots of sales at Michael's Art store. I painted the sky wet in wet, then I jammed the trees in on top of the sky, I painted around the house and barn, this painting is a bit darker than I usually like, but to get the effect of the light on the background I had to darken it a bit. I'm really getting tired so I will make this short, I then roughed in the buildings, then put in the foreground and made sure that the paint covered all the paper. I Let it dry, then started working on the background trees and the barn, once that was done, I started on the roof's and the house, I did lay in some darker colors in the foreground, but not as dark as I have them now, I had to go back in and darken it a bit more. Then, I had to make an adjustment to the roof on the left corner, it had the wrong angle, so I fixed it, then finished up with the highlights on the vines and trees in front of the house, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment